Posted on Wednesday, 12 December 2018 03:36 PM
We are working on safety features & finishing touches on the skating rink at Pat Bayly Square.
Unfortunately, this means no skating. But with your cooperation, we can be skating soon. Please note, hockey is a no at all times. Keep checking for updates.
Posted on Tuesday, 11 December 2018 01:28 PM
Town seeks resident feedback on key cannabis issues from December 4-14
Residents, businesses and community groups are invited to participate in Town cannabis consultations from December 4-14. The Town will be gathering feedback about private retail and places of use restrictions.
Two (2) in-person pop-ups*:
- December 4 at McLean Community Centre from 6 to 8 p.m.
- December 6 at G Centre, Ajax Plaza from 3 to 6 p.m.
Additional surprise pop-ups:
- Ajax Library - Dec. 11,...
Posted on Friday, 07 December 2018 10:25 AM
Muscles Worked: Lower Back, Hamstrings, Shoulders
FUNCTIONAL BENEFITS: Increase balance and coordination
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Individuals with lower back or shoulder issues
- Hold a medicine ball between both hands with your arms bent
- Start by lifting 1 foot off the floor as you bend forward at the hips
- Push the ball outwards to shoulder height as you bend...
Posted on Friday, 07 December 2018 10:20 AM
Enjoy these simple tips from the Fitness & Health Centre Consultants to help keep you on track:
- Warm-up and stretch before shoveling snow to avoid injury! - Craig Daynard
- Stay hydrated. Aim for your bodyweight (kg) of water in fluid ounces. - Zain Yousaf
- Strive for at least 150 minutes of exercise per week. Break it...
Posted on Friday, 07 December 2018 09:48 AM
By Mike Margach, Fitness & Health Centre Supervisor
‘Tis the season for all kinds of obligations and temptations that can easily make your fitness gains disappear overnight. Overindulging in food and drink. Decorating and wrapping. Family visits and holiday parties. These are just some of the reasons why you need to become a...